What is vitamin c used for body, vitamin C known as “vitamin C” is an essential vitamin for the body, and it is one of the nutrients that the body cannot produce or store, and therefore the body must obtain it through food or nutritional supplements.
The health benefits of vitamin C are numerous, and it is one of the safest, most effective, and water-soluble nutrients. It is found in juices, fruits and vegetables that everyone craves, and is available as a nutritional supplement.
What is vitamin c used for body
- Vitamin C is essential for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues.
- The Vitamin is involved in many functions of the body, including collagen formation.
- Iron absorption, boosting the immune system, wound healing, and maintenance of cartilage, bones and teeth.
is one of the antioxidants that protect against damage caused by toxic chemicals and pollutants such as cigarette smoke.
The Vitamin C helps white blood cells work more effectively, protecting them from damage.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that strengthens the body’s natural defenses and fight infections.
Vitamin C sources
Foods with the most vitamin C benefits are: citrus fruits, green peppers, strawberries, tomatoes, broccoli, white potatoes, and sweet potatoes.Other good sources include:
Dark leafy greens, melon, papaya, mangoes, melons, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, red peppers, berries, winter squash, and pineapple.
And many people resort to supplements to meet their needs, because it is considered a simple and effective way to increase the benefits of vitamin C if the diet is not sufficient.
But it is always recommended to obtain vitamin C from foods, and consult a doctor before taking vitamin C supplements.
Vitamin C benefits
- It reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases.
- It increases antioxidant levels in the blood by up to 30%, which helps the body fight infections.
- Treats high blood pressure, studies have shown that vitamin C helps reduce blood pressure in those who suffer from high blood pressure or even those who do not suffer from it.
- Reducing the risk of heart disease, including high levels of harmful cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides in the blood.