What is vitamin c serum, vitamin C is an important nutrient for the body in addition to its benefits for the immune system, skin and bones, and it also helps prevent infections, speeds up healing, and comes loaded with antioxidant properties, in this report we learn about the best time of the day to get vitamin C.
Dietary guidelines state that each adult should take 65-90 milligrams of vitamin C through various sources every day.
What is vitamin c serum For those with underlying medical conditions and pregnant or breastfeeding women, the dose can be up to 120 mg.
Vitamin C sources
Good sources of vitamin C are red peppers, oranges, lemons, broccoli, and strawberries.
What is vitamin c serum Although most fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamin C, ascorbic acid can often be lost when cooked.
Hence, supplementation is sometimes needed to meet requirements or for those who are deficient in this vitamin.
Vitamin C benefits
- It reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases.
- He Increases antioxidant levels in the blood by up to 30%, which helps the body fight infections.
- It treats high blood pressure, studies have shown that vitamin C helps reduce blood pressure in those who suffer from high blood pressure or even those who do not suffer from it.
- Reducing the risk of heart disease, including high levels of harmful cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides in the blood.
- Making sure you get enough vitamin C in your diet serves a lot of benefits for your overall health.
- The main benefit of vitamin C is to boost the immune system. Vitamin C contains powerful properties that fight free radical damage.
- It gets rid of toxins and enhances cellular function. This strengthens your immunity and helps fight any disease and viral infections such as cold or flu.
- For the same reason, foods rich in vitamin C are part of the foods you should eat after recovering from any illness.
- COVID-19 positive patients are also given sources rich in Vitamin C to speed recovery.
- Meanwhile, vitamin C also helps boost the absorption of other nutrients in the body, such as vitamin B12, iron, folate, and vitamin D and A.
- Vitamin C is also good for cardiovascular health, boosting blood flow to the brain as well as boosting collagen production, giving you a youthful appearance.