Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes, usually containing a dressing and a variety of other ingredients such as boiled eggs and raw vegetables. It is generally considered a side dish and usually accompanies the main course.
How to make Potato Salad?
Here is a basic recipe for potato salad:
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard, celery, onion, salt, and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill for later.