Kale and apple salad is a refreshing and healthy dish combining the earthy bitterness of kale with the sweet crunch of apples. It’s a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, making it a perfect light lunch or side dish.
How to make kale and apple salad?
Here is how to make kale and apple salad:
- 1-2 bunches of kales.
- 1-2 medium apples.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped nuts
- shredded cheese
- Remove tough stems and chop leaves roughly.
- Thinly slice or julienne the apple for better textural contrast with the kale.
- Toast nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Combine kale, apple, and any other chosen ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat everything evenly.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for up to 30 minutes for the flavors to meld.
You can sweeten the dressing with honey, maple syrup, or dried fruit for a more pronounced sweet-tart balance. You can also add grilled chicken, tofu, or chickpeas.