How to make catfish, most of the catfish grow in Vietnam and it is the first product for export there, as they have the ability to pull their mouths over the surface of the water and take a breath of air when the ponds are overcrowded with fish and the percentage of oxygen is low, and catfish is one of the types of fish. Few that do that.
It is worth noting that despite the United States controlling a large area of the ocean coast than any other country.
The US supply of seafood is completely illogical, as 85% of the fish, shellfish, and catfish that Americans eat are imported.
Many housewives, having tried to catfish, refuse this dish.
And all because preparing them to make them delicious is not so simple.
If you do not know some secrets, the catfish can turn out to be an unattractive lump.
Most of the time, all frozen catfish are sold in the form of steaks.
It is fried, boiled, used as a filling for pies.
But in baked form, this fish turns out to be the most delicious and perfectly keeps its shape.
Only thaw at room temperature, in no case without resorting to microwave or hot water.
- A slice of catfish (180 grams).
- 1 and a half tablespoon of cornmeal.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil.
- 1 teaspoon of canola oil.
- Lemon slice.
- 1/2 cup of watercress.
How to make
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for the catfish.
- Dip the fish fillet in corn flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Close the fish fillet in the pan on both sides, reduce the heat to medium, and then cook for one minute on each side.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Watercress is placed on a plate and on top of it is placed a slice of fish.
- Decorate with lemon slits and serve.